[FFmpeg-devel] How to modify the frequency of inserting pcr packet

shine shuai shineshuaide at yahoo.de
Tue Apr 23 09:59:58 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

FFMpeg forum suggest me to ask developers how to modify the frequency of generating
PCR packet during converting a video into a MPEG TS. Is there a command
or an option I can use in ffmpeg?
It seems that ffmpeg generate a PCR packet every two TS packets by default, as the output messages shown, e.g.

[mpegts @ 0x3241160] muxrate VBR, pcr every 2 pkts, sdt every 200, pat/pmt every 40 pkts
A command line is as follows:

Code:
ffmpeg -i $SRC_FILE -codec:v libx264 -maxrate 990k -bufsize 1980k -b:v 990k
-keyint_min 24 -g 24 -sc_threshold 0 -map 0 -an -f ssegment
-segment_time 2 -segment_format mpegts $OUT_FILE
Furthermore, can those values related to SDT, PAT/PMT in the above quotation be changed too?

Thank you very much!

My question may be not very related to development issues. So sorry for any inconvenience.

greetings,
BeCu