[FFmpeg-devel] add HEVC codec into flv format

Steven Liu lingjiujianke at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 13:23:41 CEST 2014

On Jun 8, 2014, at 11:03 AM, Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx> wrote:

> On 6/4/2014 8:43 AM, Steven Liu wrote:
>> Yes, I agreed with you :-D.
>> There have lots of stupid people in markets , and lots of customer want to support hevc in flv.
>> The largest problem is there have no spec or reference for it.
>> Some people want to support the hevc with rtmp and so on now. Haha.
>
> I want to back up a few steps here. What exactly is driving the demand for adding HEVC in FLV? You cite that there are customers requesting this feature. To what end? The #1 use for FLV (per my possibly myopic perspective) is to stream video to Adobe's Flash Player for playback. Thus, storing codecs that the Flash Player does not natively support is not useful.
>
> Are these customers using FLV as a multimedia format outside of the Flash Player? I guess that's possible; I just find it surprising since I never hear anything but loathing for the FLV format from people outside of Adobe (and occasionally inside as well).
>
> --
>    -Mike Melanson
Hi Mike,

	There have a lot of customers play flv using outside of Adobe FlashPlayer; For example: Porting FFmpeg into Android.
	And there have a lot of mobile phone using Android with porting ffmpeg :D

	Whatever, I agreed you guys. Perhaps waiting for the Adobe release new spec version for the HEVC codec is Better way  :-)

Thanks