[FFmpeg-devel] trac ticket states and other things

Don Moir donmoir at comcast.net
Sun Mar 9 23:49:11 CET 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Niedermayer" <michaelni at gmx.at>
To: "FFmpeg development discussions and patches" <ffmpeg-devel at ffmpeg.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2014 1:45 PM
Subject: [FFmpeg-devel] trac ticket states and other things

>For many of us the tracker is just a technical notepad that stores
>some information but some people take changes to tickets they care
>about quite personal it seems

We are all a bit arrogant with this kind of work and think it comes down to spending a lot of time digging deep into things. It's
not that it's such a personal thing so much as it is just trying to report a bug. We always want the details, but the details vary
and not all bugs can be reported in some canned up method. Sometimes command line info is useful and sometimes not.

Outside of this line of work, I am not arrogant at all and a lot of you are probably not either. With people I used to work with, we
might argue about things all day long and then go have a beer at night, and everything was completely understood and no bad feelings
at all.

If a bug gets fixed and that bug was fixed because of a bug report, then it should be closed correctly and not marked as invalid.
Who the hell knows what that means anyway?