[FFmpeg-devel] Patch: Inline asm fixes for Intel compiler on Windows

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Mar 13 13:43:34 CET 2014

Matt Oliver <protogonoi <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > From a quick look, the configure change(s) seems incorrect
> >
> > (did you test with gcc?), the new constants you add
> > (inline_asm_*) have to be added to the HAVE_LIST.
>
> Yes they were all tested with gcc. And all the
> inline_asm_* *are* added to the HAVE_LIST.

Yes, sorry: The reason is that your patches either
don't apply to current git head or that there is
a special order that is not obvious from the
numbering in your email:
0002-2-6-Check-for-nonlocal-inline-asm-labels.patch fails
here (after applying
0001-1-6-Add-missing-external-declarations.patch).

[...]

> > And I don't think the inline_asm_direct_symbol_refs test
> > can work: You need to MANGLE() the symbol "test".
>
> In code i would agree but im not sure how I can use MANGLE
> given that it is not defined within the configure script
> (given its a macro in libavutil/asm.h and all).

Of course.

> Also as the test just does a compilation pass to see if
> direct symbols are allowed so it doesnt then do any
> linking so the name mangling should never be an issue.

Then please remove "int test" which is only confusing.

Carl Eugen