[FFmpeg-devel] [WIP] lavfi: port mp/eq to a regular filter

James Darnley james.darnley at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 14:02:36 CEST 2014

On 2014-09-15 13:17, Clément Bœsch wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 12:46:14AM +0200, James Darnley wrote:
>> ---
>>
>> Still a couple of things on the todo list (see the top of the new file) but I
>> thought I would send the basics along for people to nit pick.
>>
>>  configure                |   1 +
>>  libavfilter/Makefile     |   1 +
>>  libavfilter/allfilters.c |   1 +
>>  libavfilter/vf_eq.c      | 157 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>  4 files changed, 160 insertions(+)
>>  create mode 100644 libavfilter/vf_eq.c
>>

> Thanks, but note that eq is obsolete: we need a filter that merge the
> features & performances from both eq and eq2. I should have mentioned that
> yesterday, I'm sorry...

I did notice that in the MPlayer docs.  I wanted to start with the
simpler one to get a feel of how to turn an mp filter into a regular one.

I also noticed that eq2 has a "simple" mode that is the same as eq.  I
was planning on merging the two into one file, perhaps with a second
filter class that is only allows setting the values from eq.

As an after thought, this could also serve as some slight documentation
for a newbie looking to write their own filter.