[FFmpeg-devel] Gathering opinions from FFmpeg developers about a reunification with Libav developers

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Sat Aug 1 19:58:48 CEST 2015

On 2015-08-01 11:48 +0200, Hendrik Leppkes wrote:
[...]
> I don't have a very strong opinion on the bug tracker, I've seen
> better and worse systems than trac, but keeping the existing issues is
> probably a good idea - even if a lot of them are user support
> questions and not actual issues.

  Just curious. Why do you think that many of the issues are
user support?

  I am following all changes to the bug tracker and I do not
have that impression. More the opposite, clear support questions
are closed quickly and the reporter is pointed at the -user ML.

  Having said that, I think we should always give the reporter
the benefit of doubt. That's how it is done mostly. Usually
reporters are asked if doing X resolves their problem and if
yes the issue is closed. Often in the progress bugs and usability
issues are found and fixed. I think it's very important after all.

  Anyway, this is really getting off-topic, so maybe a new
thread should be started if you have serious concerns.

[...]

  Alexander