[FFmpeg-devel] core infrastructure badge for FFmpeg

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Wed Jul 6 14:48:30 EEST 2016

On 04 Jul, Ganesh Ajjanagadde wrote :
> https://bestpractices.coreinfrastructure.org/.

Tbh, this is pure BS/PR, as we've seen for VLC. But why not...

But, you could at least be a bit more truthful when filling it:
 - the buildsystem is not common tools, since you have your own
   configure (it's a SUGGESTED thing anyway)
 - the new functionnality testing is only done in libavcodec,
 - half of the links given are over github, which is not FLOSS and is
   just a mirror... And other on ffmpeg.org
 - you do not use SEMVER (it's a SUGGESTED improvement too)
 - everything related to external users should be N/A and not "met",
   (I doubt they mean trac here)
 - you allow /dev/random, as a silent fallback over urandom, I doubt
   this is secure, or fullfills their requirement.
 - where is written the policy that coverity must be run on each release?
 - the dynamic analysis is done by 3rd parties, it should be mentionned,
   especially since it's just a SUGGESTED point.

With my kindest regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734