[FFmpeg-devel] Where and how to add a custom hardware decoder in libavcodec ?

Sunny Shukla ssshukla26 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 12:07:47 CEST 2016

Hi,

I am new to ffmpeg, am working on a custom* board* which has its own
hardware decoder.

I have a linux application for hardware decoder which take a h264 file as
input and provides a yuv file as output. It working fine, now we are
extending this support to *gstreamer* and *ffmpeg* libraries. I am familiar
with gstreamer but new to ffmpeg.

I just need some quick suggestions on where to add a new decoder and an
example (in ffmpeg source) on how to do that !
And one more thing is how to upstream this changes ?

Please guyz help me.

Regards,
Sunny.