[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Bugs and CC

Hendrik Leppkes h.leppkes at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 23:21:04 CEST 2016

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 10:36 AM, Michael Niedermayer
<michael at niedermayer.cc> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Should the author of a commit causing a regression be added to the CC
> of bugs if he has a trac account ?
>
> iam thinking yes because i quite often find out about regressions
> by running into them by chance on trac which is ofte long after
> the git hash that caused the regression was added to the ticket

If its a patch written by me, I would be fine getting notifications if
it breaks something.
What I wouldn't like is getting CC'ed on merge commits just because I
facilitated the merge, but any potential regression might be from the
author of the original commit which was merged.

- Hendrik