[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg_vdpau: Re-add ability to ignore level check

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Jun 27 17:26:52 CEST 2016

Hendrik Leppkes <h.leppkes <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > We need a patch that changes the default to "no check
> > of level".
>
> Changing the default is unrelated to offering an option
> to override, and another discussion entirely.

It may be another discussion, it certainly is the most
relevant discussion of all related to this subject.

Please remember that users reported the same issue
years ago immediately after the initial VDPAU patches:
It is known since a long time that the discussed check
is very inconvenient for users.

Carl Eugen