[FFmpeg-devel] Resurrection of ffserver

Michael Fritscher michael.fritscher at telematik-zentrum.de
Sun Sep 18 00:40:08 EEST 2016

Hello Rostislav,

what are, in your oppinion, the biggest problems in ffserver? (I would
like to hear other oppinions a well ;-) ) Missing FATE and usage of
internal / deprecated API are known to me, but it seems that you have
more generic problems with ffserver?

Personally I must admit that I'm very confident with ffserver at the
user side of view. For me, the configuration style was easy to
unterstand and I didn't observed any crashes or problems - despite using
it with cygwin under Windows(!) and having 6 feeds in parallel. I think
the most applied usecase for ffserver is to use it as a streaming server
for webcams, for which many simple tutorials can be found on the web.
And this "just works" ;)

Best regards,
Michael