[FFmpeg-devel] Vignette filter limitations...

Clément Bœsch u at pkh.me
Sun Aug 27 18:31:47 EEST 2017

On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 08:33:30AM +0100, Evert Vorster wrote:
> Unfortunately I have a real problem with vignetting.
> The vignette filter in ffmpeg seems to have some room for improvement.

Yeah, definitely: the vignette filter was written with the fancy
vignetting effect in mind (think of it as a filter to simulate old school
movies to be used with an additional vf curves=preset=vintage). Making a
backward mode was made because it was relatively trivial to make, but it
certainly is currently pretty limited for actual corrections. Patches
welcome. The code is not very complex, and if you can understand the
underlying maths (which you probably do given the project you're working
on), adding options to the filters for your needs should be accessible.

Also note the existence of lenscorrection filter, which may, or may not be
of use while trying to improve the vignette filter.

[...]

Regards,

--
Clément B.