[FFmpeg-devel] Added HW accelerated H.264 and HEVC encoding for AMD GPUs based on AMF SDK

Hendrik Leppkes h.leppkes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 01:38:26 EEST 2017

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 12:32 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:

>> 1) Is there a "need" to include the headers, so the feature can be used?
>>
>> Obviously this is a bit of a flexible argument, but if for example
>> headers are publicly and freely available, or even packaged and
>> distributed by linux distributions, the "need" isn't really there.
>
> Isn't this a Windows-only patch?

As mentioned one line further then you quoted, I didn't look too
closely into this particular case, so it may as well be.
However, people doing windows builds are even more accustomed to
manually obtaining library dependencies, since there is no typical
packaging, so most of the same argument still applies.

- Hendrik