[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Maintain documentation for all components?

Marton Balint cus at passwd.hu
Sun Aug 5 23:24:14 EEST 2018

On Sun, 5 Aug 2018, Gyan Doshi wrote:

> Our documentation for demuxers/muxers/decoders/encoders is incomplete
> and only feature a few.
>
> I propose we cover all or, at least, many more of them.
>
> Thoughts?

I agree. If nothing else, at least the component list should be complete
and the available options for each component with the minimal descriptive
text which is in the source code should be listed.

A fate test would be even better to check that each component has a valid
documentation for every option, altough that would require some
non-trivial parsing of the .texi files, and maybe some changes or
exceptions. A test program could list all the compiled components with
their options, then a script should find for each component and option if
it is listed in the docs.

Regards,
Marton