[FFmpeg-devel] dashenc.c - variables not passwed to "media_seg_name"

Jeyapal, Karthick kjeyapal at akamai.com
Tue Aug 21 14:32:33 EEST 2018

On 8/21/18 2:36 PM, Ibrahim Tachijian wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Been trying to use the DASH muxer.
> The DASH muxer has this option,
>
> { "media_seg_name", "DASH-templated name to used for the media segments",
> OFFSET(media_seg_name), AV_OPT_TYPE_STRING, {.str =
> "chunk-stream$RepresentationID$-$Number%05d$.m4s"}, 0, 0, E },
>
> It doesnt seem that ffmpeg is parsing the variables inside media_seg_name
> when passing my own "-media_seg_name".
>
> Can somebody confirm?
-media_seg_name is working for me correctly. Could you please recheck your ffmpeg command line at your end?
If you still think that there is an issue with "media_seg_name", you could kindly raise a bug with all relevant details in https://trac.ffmpeg.org/. We could continue our discussion in that bug-tracking thread, as this devel forum is usually meant for discussing about patches.