[FFmpeg-devel] [LDP] FFmpeg at LinuxDays 2018 in Prague

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann at mail.de
Sat Oct 20 18:15:28 EEST 2018

Hi again,

> FFmpeg been accepted for a booth at the LinuxDays 2018 in Prague, Czech Republic during October 6th to 7th!
>
> [...] Find detailed information here:
>
> https://www.linuxdays.cz/2018/en/

about two weeks ago the Linux Days Prague took place. For limited space and luggage, I could only show one version of our usual demos. However, even in a low resolution and low framerate, the motion vector overlay attracted a lot of people.

The conference is quite similar to the Chemnitzer LinuxTage, however I met some more professional users there like we are used to in Chemnitz. There were also a lot of users quite familiar with FFmpeg already so both groups gave me a lot of quite interesting conversations.

Being the only booth staff this time, I could not attend any talks, though. Therefore I cannot comment on their quality but many of them were given in English. They are, however, live streamed in 4K and later stored on a YouTube channel. I visited the streaming team and they got their FFmpeg CLI usage well done (works & no problems).

We are more than welcome to give talks / workshops there next year. In contrast to Chemnitz, even the accomodation for me was free in a nearby hotel! Which will significantly reduce my reimbursement request later to something like 30€ in total.

Also, I've met a very friendly guy who has sponsored a Raspberry Pi 3 (Model B+).
If anyone wants to have it for some specific purpose related to FFmpeg development, I'm happy to ship it to any other FFmpeg developer! Who want to do something useful with it?
Otherwise I'll set it up as a new demo machine for conferences to come - It was actually sponsored because my Intel-based IoT board performed so badly, which was however based on my lazyness to setup HW capabilities accordingly - so anyway we'll make the kind sponsor more happy with a better hardware setup next time.

Finally, I would very much like to have more company at the booth next year! :)

-Thilo