[FFmpeg-devel] [REQUEST] avcodec/scpr: revert d70276921348

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Tue Aug 20 23:49:21 EEST 2019

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 09:18:09PM +0100, Kieran Kunhya wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 at 18:06, Michael Niedermayer <michael at niedermayer.cc>
> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 05:09:51PM +0100, Kieran Kunhya wrote:

> > onemda at gmail.com
[...]
> > But what is more bizare (to me at least) is that this was not a controversy
> > at the time CFR was the standard and all these codecs where "new".
> > Please correct me if iam wrong but the "CFR must be CFR" seems to
> > originate
> > from some professional broadcast people (like you).
> >

> This is what you would call an "ad-hominem"

I was in fact unsure what term to use when writing this but I belived
that "professional broadcast people" would be considered a polite term.
Apparently not and in that sense really no term i could have used would
have worked.
I mean anything thats in the dictionary would have been seen this way
probably, if this was ...

I just tried to explain the situation and the source of the viewpoints
from how i remembered it but its hard when theres no word that one can
use ... or when iam to dumb to find that word ...

Sorry but that really was not meant as an insult

Avoid a single point of failure, be that a person or equipment.