[FFmpeg-devel] Transcoding frame rate mismatch

Vassilis bpantazhs at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 22:18:10 EET 2019

Hi all,

I am trying simply to perform a transcoding process using the transcoding.c
example.
However I am seeing a very strange result (even when the example is not
modified at all, ie not even changing codecs); the transcoded file has a
marginally different frame rate than the original file. Ie for a frame rate
of 24 fps I get 24.14 fps. I also implemented this with the newer
av_send/receive packet/frame functions to no avail. I would be most
grateful for any insights, I've spent quite some time trying to
troubleshoot this.

Best,
Vas