[FFmpeg-devel] OpenColorIO - Google Summer of Code

Rashil Gandhi rashil2000 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 12:55:21 EEST 2020

Hi,

I'm a student applying for Google Summer of Code this year in the
organization Academy Software Foundation. One of the projects that
come under them is OpenColorIO, a color management framework for
visual effects and animation. The project idea that I'd like to work
on is 'Adding OpenColorIO support to FFmpeg', which extends or
modifies FFmpeg so that OpenColorIO could be employed for color
conversion in FFmpeg. More details of which can be found on
https://github.com/AcademySoftwareFoundation/tac/tree/master/gsoc#opencolorio.

Through the medium of this mailing list I'd like to ask the
developers of FFmpeg for their guidance on how such an idea should
be proceeded with. Kindly go through the Project Overview and
Timeline sections of my GSoC proposal here
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17ZxMjNR7cRMtwyxbcb0VzfeEvNizKWbmpFa67zuR4r4/edit?usp=sharing.

It consists of some basic preliminary analysis of how the idea would
be implemented. The support of FFmpeg developers throughout is
fundamental for the project idea.

If this is not the correct place to approach the developers, please
tell me how I can reach out to them.

Regards,
Rashil Gandhi