[FFmpeg-devel] Getting Started On ffmpeg development

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 14:40:08 EET 2020

On 2/12/2020 9:02 AM, Goutham Kancherla wrote:
> Greetings,
> I have just begun to explore the code-base of ffmpeg repository found on
>
> https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg
>
> I hope that I have accessed the correct and official repository.
> I have searched for the code documentation i.e, the architecture and flow
> of the development.But, my efforts have been futile.
> Can someone point me to the documentation and a basic flow of the code?
>
> Hope to hear from someone soon.
> Cheers

Hello! You can start by looking at https://ffmpeg.org/developer.html
And the Github repository is a mirror. The official one is
https://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git or
https://source.ffmpeg.org/?p=ffmpeg.git
There's also the #ffmpeg-devel channel on FreeNode if you have questions
about development of ffmpeg.