[FFmpeg-devel] New Defects reported by Coverity Scan for FFmpeg/FFmpeg (fwd)

Andreas Rheinhardt andreas.rheinhardt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 18:13:00 EET 2020

Marton Balint:
> Hi,
>
> Has anybody reported these and similar false positives involving
> av_dict_set() with a 0 flag to Coverity?
>
> These are popping up all over the codebase, something should be done
> to make Coverity smarter about them. Any ideas?

I wrote an email to them* ten days ago and notified them of these
false positives (all in all, I counted 195 false positives resulting
from Coverity thinking branches that are impossible because of the
av_dict_set()-flags are actually taken). I have not received a reply
yet. We should probably give them more time.

- Andreas

*: To scan-admin at coverity.com. I don't know whether this is the right
avenue or not.