[FFmpeg-devel] Status and Plans for Subtitle Filters

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Feb 24 21:30:09 EET 2020

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 12:17:37AM +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
> Marton Balint (12020-02-23):
> > Two overlapping subtitles can be broken into 3 non-overlapping subtitles,
>
> No, they can't: being the same subtitle or not is part of the semantic.

Does anyone else share this oppinion ?

iam asking because we need to resolve such differences of oppinion to
move forward.
Theres no way to design an API if such relativly fundamental things
have disagreements on them

Thanks

Any man who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust and willingly
accepts the penalty by staying in jail in order to arouse the conscience of
the community on the injustice of the law is at that moment expressing the
very highest respect for law. - Martin Luther King Jr