[FFmpeg-devel] Splitting or merging libraries (was: Status and Plans for Subtitle Filters)

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Tue Mar 3 18:49:00 EET 2020

Hendrik Leppkes (12020-03-03):
> And a bunch of functionality duplicated because we've been
> discouraging avpriv use of such things for years now.

Thanks. And I just remembered:

All the structures that we are not allowed to allocate on stack or embed
in other structure because "the size of this structure is not part of
the ABI". Hundreds of dynamic allocations, and therefore hundreds of
extra lines of code for failure check. What a waste!

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George