[FFmpeg-devel] Mailing List Delay

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Thu Aug 5 02:21:42 EEST 2021

On Wed, Aug 04, 2021 at 09:56:53PM +0000, Soft Works wrote:

> [...]

I did not research spam filter methods as there was no need to, so
i dont reall know. It certainly worked well when it was originally setup

> How is it configured - I mean which delay time?
> The default to be 10 seconds. Most mail servers will make another

the default of 10 seconds has not been changed

> delivery attempt within very few minutes at max. That doesn't quite
> explain a delay of 60 minutes. (yea, maybe it was the SORBS entry)
>
> BLs shouldn't be the only spam-fighting method. What other checks
> are in place?

The mail stuff wasnt setup by me so iam not able to just awnser what all
is in place. I tend to only look at things when they break.
But there is spamassesin on the box too iam not sure its connected to the
MLs though. But ultimatly the MLs will block non subscriber mails as the last
line of defense. The problem with this is just that it fills the moderation
que

Thx

Elect your leaders based on what they did after the last election, not
based on what they say before an election.