[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Suggestion for a Nicer Integration with GitHub

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Sat Aug 14 11:43:03 EEST 2021

Hendrik Leppkes (12021-08-14):
> As far as I can remember, the number of people that have spoken out in
> favor of continued use of the ML solution is the minority, some are
> just rather vocal about it, and the lack of a "perfect" replacement
> solution has resulted in none being implemented.

Do you think this minority statement holds if you ask people who have
just given no opinion on this either way, and if you weight by amount of
work performed in reviewing and discussing changes?

Because when it comes to the way of organizing our work, the opinion of
somebody who is actively pulling the project forward by reviewing
patches and discussing solutions almost every day in the past fifteen
years should count more than the opinion of twenty people who appeared
three months ago to discuss a few of their own patches and will probably
disappear in three to six months.

I have no qualms saying this, since I have not been very active in the
recent months, so by this measure my opinion should count for rather
little.

But this is important: the choice should not be a matter of democracy,
it should be a matter of efficiency.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George