[FFmpeg-devel] Politics

Daniel Cantarín canta at canta.com.ar
Sat Dec 18 20:16:14 EET 2021

 > This is a very lax attitude towards a serious problem that
 > everyone in the fansubbing community deals with. A frame
 > of offset is unacceptable for such use-cases, and they have
 > to deal with formats which made concessions to timebases
 > due to historical blunders.

Please link to some such fansub community, where they're
discussing some serious frame-perfect sync issue. A single
comment in some forum would be fine. I would like to
understand those interests better, as all fansub communities
that I know of deal with audio timings, not video frames.

I've mentioned this before; "people talk a lot about syncing
subs with video frames, but rarely against actual dialogue
audio", here:
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2021-December/289290.html

I've never seen anyone checking sub sync against video
frames: they always check it agains the dialogue in my
experience.