[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Event loop

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Wed Feb 17 22:57:31 EET 2021

Mark Thompson (12021-02-17):
> I can see that this is all sensible stuff on Unix, but can you explain
> a bit more of what your Windows implementation is going to look like?

I have no intention to write Windows code for this. Our current
protocols use poll() internally, this event loop will do the same, and
be exactly as portable as things are now.

But it will be modular: if somebody later wants to write specific code
for Windows, it will be possible and I will make sure it is as easy as
possible.

Does that sound acceptable?

Regards,

--