[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg buying an Apple M1 Mac Mini

Kieran Kunhya kierank at obe.tv
Sun Jan 3 19:32:11 EET 2021

Hello,

As it's 2021 I would like to propose FFmpeg purchase one or more (e.g
FATE + development) Apple M1 Mac Minis and provide access to developers.
This is something I have done a few years ago when AVX2 was a new
instruction set.

I can host these in the UK 24/7 and provide access and label them as
belonging to the project and not me.

I would propose buying and getting reimbursed one or more of:

   - Apple M1 chip with 8‑core CPU, 8‑core GPU and 16‑core Neural Engine
   - 16GB unified memory
   - 1TB SSD storage
   - Gigabit Ethernet

This is £1,299.00 in the UK right now on the Apple Site.

Regards,
Kieran Kunhya