[FFmpeg-devel] "Will apply" (was: avformat/subtitles: Deduplicate subtitles' read_(packet|seek|close))

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Mon Jul 19 13:43:14 EEST 2021

Andreas Rheinhardt (12021-07-18):
> Will apply.

I have seen more and more of these "will apply" messages, but I am
doubting their usefulness.

"Applied" messages are useful to close the discussion. People reading
the archives know that the patch is there, the bug is fixed, the feature
is added. The future version does not give the same information.

"Will apply" messages can be useful if you leave some time to people to
react: patch, 7 days, "will apply", 1 day, apply, "applied". But it
needs enough time.

I think the old habits, "will push tomorrow if nobody objects", and
"pushed" then, were better.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George