[FFmpeg-devel] Getting started

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Mon Jun 21 16:30:54 EEST 2021

On Sat, Jun 19, 2021 at 12:16:28PM -0500, Mihir Shah wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would be interested in contributing to ffmpeg, can you please provide me
> suggestions on how to get started/any good first issues?

look at https://trac.ffmpeg.org/
theres alot that can be done
bugs to fix, features to add, generally here the ones with no replies might be easier
to work on than things others already worked on.
also there may be things which cannot be reproduced need more details to
reproduce. Here asking for more deatils already moves a report forward ...
First step for bugs is often to check if its a regression, if it is
git bisect can be very helpfull

If you fake or manipulate statistics in a paper in physics you will never
get a job again.
If you fake or manipulate statistics in a paper in medicin you will get
a job for life at the pharma industry.