[FFmpeg-devel] Any feedback on my Patch and Docs and Regression tested patch for strftime filenames

Roger Hardiman roger at rjh.org.uk
Sat Jun 26 11:18:03 EEST 2021

Hi

13 days ago I posted patches, documentation changes and confirmed regression
tests for changes to Image2 and Segment outputs to create the output
subdirectories on demand, in exactly the same way the HLS output code works.

To recap, Image2, HLS and Segment outputs support files with Time/Date in
the filename (video_file_%H_M_%S.mp4) to create a file with the
Hours/Mins/Seconds in the filename.

However only HLS had the extra -strftime_mmkdir to create subdirectories on
the fly. This allows you to use %Y-%m-%D (year month day) in the file path
to organise images and segments into sub-directories instead of throwing
them all into one directory and then moving the files around later.

Could I have some feedback please? (even if it is to say you don't want to
add this to ffmpeg so won't process it - that's no big deal)

https://patchwork.ffmpeg.org/project/ffmpeg/patch/20210613062907.709-1-opens
ource at rjh.org.uk/

Thanks

Roger Hardiman