[FFmpeg-devel] Feature request: Segment using info from textfile?

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Mon Mar 22 14:19:08 EET 2021

Hello everyone! :)

FFmpeg's segment muxer [1] is very useful and very configurable already,
and I was wondering if it would be possible to add the possibility for
splitting based on something like information given in an additional
(text)file?

Each line of the textfile would contain the following information:
   * start-position
   * end-position
   * title

Creating a separate file for each start/end/title line.

We would need such a functionality for archival preservation of
multi-content recordings.
This can be a paid request.

Thank you very much in advance,
Peter B.