[FFmpeg-devel] 15-bit Westwood VQA3 decoding

Pekka Väänänen pekka.vaananen at iki.fi
Wed Sep 22 15:59:31 EEST 2021

> Pekka Väänänen:
> > 1. Is it possible to preserve the pixels of a frame for easy delta
> > updates?
> > In that 2009 patch set they used an old "FF_BUFFER_HINTS_PRESERVE"
> > flag
> > that doesn't exist anymore.
> >

> You keep a reference to the earlier frame (use av_frame_ref()).

The frame is now persisted with ff_reget_buffer() and av_frame_ref().
I'm not sure I did it right though so I'd appreciate a check if it looks
correct. It does work on my computer :)

> Actually, endianess is a problem in your case.

You are absolutely right. I don't know what I was thinking. Fixed now by
using bytebuffer_get_xxx() and memcpy() for the inner loop.

I also removed some unrelated cosmetic changes from the patch.