[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg 5.0 LTS vs 5.1 LTS

Soft Works softworkz at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 25 22:40:38 EEST 2022

I think, the most valid reason to increase a version number is the
publishing of a release :-)

Totally crazy concept:

ffmpeg 6.0

  libavutil.so.6.0.100
  libavcodec.so.6.0.100
  libavfilter.so.6.0.100
  libavformat.so.6.0.100

ffmpeg 6.1

  libavutil.so.6.1.100
  libavcodec.so.6.1.100
  libavfilter.so.6.1.100
  libavformat.so.6.1.100

Best,
softworkz

(yes, I mean no cross-version compatibility)