[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg.org issue today

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Wed Jul 27 14:16:45 EEST 2022

Hi all

ffmpeg.org was down today, heres what I know & what happened

i woke up, looked at IRC saw someone saying ffmpeg.org is down, tried loging
in with ssh and that timed out (i kept trying to login while trying other things)
i mailed the other root admins and started to look around
what i found was the host and VM where running, no signs of any anomalies on the host
loging into the VM was not successfull, i decided to wait for raz or others to
take a look before attempting to restart it as raz has vastly more knowledge and
experience and i didnt want to do more harm or loose information about what
happened. raz also failed to gather usefull information about the vm so he
restarted ffmpeg.org
the box came up as if nothing ever happened, we both looked over logs in search
of the cause, but came up empty handed. logs just ended Jul 26 22:47:14 which is
probably when the box did hang
all relevant packages where uptodate, the running kernel also seems to have
been the latest avalable for the ubuntu distrubution

Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated
form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty. -- Plato