[FFmpeg-devel] Too many project ideas in GSOC 2022 FFmpeg

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Tue Mar 1 17:17:51 EET 2022

On Tue, Mar 01, 2022 at 08:46:42AM +0100, Michael Koch wrote:
> > We have 0 project ideas on our gsoc 2022 page
> > well we have 2 now as i copied my two from last year
> > If you have an idea, please add it!
>
> Might it be possible to integrate LibRaw into FFmpeg?
> https://www.libraw.org/
>
> This could also solve the problem that import of DNG images doesn't work in FFmpeg.

I think DNG should be supported without external dependancies and also
bayer dither raw data should be.
otherwise ffmpeg would eventually have 500 dependancies to 500 libs one for
each format and it would be really a pain for everyone

Opposition brings concord. Out of discord comes the fairest harmony.
-- Heraclitus