[FFmpeg-devel] av_fopen_utf8 and cross-DLL CRT object sharing issue on Windows

Soft Works softworkz at hotmail.com
Mon May 9 03:30:32 EEST 2022

Yup, understood. I thought there would be many more, but I realized
that those "many more" I thought about are all C++ things, not C.

So, putting this all together, I agree that the existence of
av_fopen_utf8 (as a public API!) is rather unfortunate. To make this
consistent, it would be necessary to provide av_ equivalents to
all the file APIs as well (but there are quite a few).

So I wonder whether it wouldn't make sense to deprecate this as
a public API member?

Kind regards,
softworkz