[FFmpeg-devel] Rework color quantization in palette{gen,use}

Clément Bœsch u at pkh.me
Sat Nov 5 20:54:03 EET 2022

On Sat, Nov 05, 2022 at 04:44:39PM +0100, Paul B Mahol wrote:
[...]
> > Finally, I do believe a lot of other color filters could at least benefit
> > from
> > fixing their gamma handling (I know I'm guilty of this in various other
> > filters).
>
> gamma handling depends not on pixel format but on metadata present in frame.

Right, as suggested by Ronald on IRC, maybe it would have been appropriate
to use the vf colorspace code to honor the transfer functions.

That being said, this involves quite a substantial refactoring. Is this
considered blocking?

More specifically: do we have a lot of situation in which the RGB pixel
format is not sRGB?

--
Clément B.