[FFmpeg-devel] Rework color quantization in palette{gen,use}

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Sun Nov 6 19:09:41 EET 2022

On Sat, Nov 05, 2022 at 04:26:02PM +0100, Clément Bœsch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This patchset essentially fixes a few core problems in these filters and
> switches to a perceptual model.
>
> I've generated a report for each key commit on this (temporary) page:
> http://big.pkh.me/pal/ (warning: heavy page, ~500M; I did try to add some lazy

i just looked at file00 and 16 and 64 colors with dither for it and they look
different, some areas look better before and some better afterwards

Have you done any double blind comparission ?

I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not
approve, and what they approve I do not know. -- Epicurus