[FFmpeg-devel] Need to reduce size of ffmpeg.exe for version 5.0.1

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 13:20:38 EEST 2022

Op ma 3 okt. 2022 om 22:14 schreef Kumar, Rahul <Rahul.Kumar8 at honeywell.com>:
> Can somebody help me answering below questions :
>
> 1. Can we reduce the size of ffmpeg.exe ? Any idea how can we create a smaller ffmpeg.exe which should be able to run only above command  to convert RTSP to HLS? (as its size is 110 mb+ so it is difficult to ship it with our product).
> 2. Is there a way to run above ffmpeg command using "dll files" or other alternative instead of using "ffmpeg.exe"

I sent you an answer to a similar question the 13th of July, but you
didn't reply: http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2022-June/297489.html

1) You can compile ffmpeg from sources yourself. You can disable
components you won't use and use --enable-small in the configuration.
2) You can use the dll files by writing a program using them.