[FFmpeg-devel] FFV1 slicecrc: "hashxx" instead of "CRC" for speed?

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Tue Oct 25 23:31:48 EEST 2022

Hi everyone :)

This is merely a question of interest. Not a request, complaint or
trolling of any kind :)
I'm happy about any answer. I'm curious.

Would it possibly have a significant impact on coding speed of FFV1's
slicecrc option (Where a CRC is calculated for each frame slice), to use
a faster algorithm instead (if one exists)?
I'm wondering if, for example something like "xxHash" may warrant a try?
(Haven't found CRC vs xxHash benchmarks yet, but I'm still looking)

Anyhow,
Thanks for any of your time :D