[FFmpeg-devel] What is FFmpeg and what should it be

Brad Isbell brad at audiopump.co
Wed Aug 2 17:12:14 EEST 2023

As a frequent FFmpeg user, and an occasional RTL-SDR user, the major
tradeoff for me is in the size of FFmpeg binaries vs. features.  I
agree with Jean-Baptiste that if this were an optional library to be
added to the build, then that resolves any issues I might have as a
user.

Then I have the choice to opt for the big honkin' beast build that
includes all-the-things on my daily dev machine, but can still build
targeted builds for deployment to production servers, oddball
platforms like WASM, etc.

Brad Isbell // AudioPump, Inc.
brad at audiopump.co