[FFmpeg-devel] VDD conference invitation - Dublin 22-24 Sept 2023

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Thu Aug 17 20:42:17 EEST 2023

Hello FFfolks,

I'm glad to invite you to VDD 2023 in Dublin, at the end of next month.
I wish I could have invited you to Iceland, but it proved too difficult to organize over there. I'll do better next year, I promise :)

What is it?
---------------
The format of the conference is going to be similar to the previous years:
- Friday 22nd, community day in Dublin, where we'll do some activities (will be communicated later) and then drinks on the evening
- Saturday 23rd, start of the actual conferences, with talks by members from our communities on very technical subjects, in the morning, until lunch.
- Saturday afternoon, technical sessions (VLC and FFmpeg in // probably) in an unconference manner.
- Saturday night, a dinner in Dublin.
- Sunday morning, lightning talks, for the early people
- Sunday morning and afternoon, workshops and technical sessions (x264, dav1d, VLC mobile, placebo...)

We will be at Trinity College, in Dublin.

Who is welcome to join?
-----------------------------------
Everyone that cares about any open source multimedia project, VLC, FFmpeg, x264, dav1d, placebo, mpv, kodi, phonon, x265... is welcome.
If you are a GSoC student, you should also come. If you are just a fan and a user, you shall probably come.

How do I register?
--------------------------
You can register here: https://framaforms.org/vdd-2023-1691924544
Registration will close at the end of this month.

How do I get reimbursed?
--------------------------------------
If you are an active member of one of our open source communities, VideoLAN will cover your costs, meaning Hotels + Flight/Train/Boat to Dublin.
If you are part of the VideoLAN non-profit, if you are part of the FFmpeg GA, you are invited.
If you have commits on git.ffmpeg.org or code.videolan.org, you are invited.
If you are a GSoC student, your costs will be covered too.
If you are unsure about if you are eligible, you should mail me...

What should I do now?
---------------------------------
2. Book your flights.
3. Help us.

For your flights, please try and find flights that are not too expensive, if VideoLAN cover your costs.
We have no sponsors this year, so be mindful about our costs.
(Today flights from Berlin can be found easily at 100-150e, and 200e from Paris. Coming from SF can be found at 800e)

How can I help?
-----------------------
Propose a talk, from 5min to 30min.
Help the organisation.
Bring smile and join to VDD.

Questions?
For any question, please mail me :)

Thanks and see you soon.

jbk

Remarks:
- this is a technical conference. If you are not a technical person, this will probably bore you.
- VideoLAN CoC applies to VDD.

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf -  President
+33 672 704 734