[FFmpeg-devel] h264_vaapi is using vaapi or va-api

cfd new newcfd at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 21 19:13:18 EEST 2023

Thanks a lot for your reply, Haihao. FFMpeg has a flag -hwaccel in the pipeline of rtsp streaming for hardware acceleration. Is there a similar one in gstreamer as well?
   Joe
    On Monday, August 21, 2023, 02:40:22 a.m. EDT, Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang-at-intel.com at ffmpeg.org> wrote:

> Hi, Folks,
>     new FFMPEG user. I used gstreamer before. Now I am trying to build a rtsp
> pipeline.Would like to know whether h264_vaapi uses vaapi or va-api? these two
> are different ingstreamer.

Both VA-API and VAAPI stands for Video Acceleration API, h264_vaapi in FFmpeg is
based on this API. AFAIK there are two different gstreamer plugins: vaapi and
va, but they use the same API.

Thanks
Haihao