[FFmpeg-devel] Initial tickering at unifying ProRes encoder

Clément Bœsch u at pkh.me
Mon Dec 11 03:35:01 EET 2023

Hello there,

I'm currently investigating an issue¹ affecting Kostya ProRes encoder
which is not reproducible with Anatoliy encoder (but it's too early to
say if the bug is not present there as well given the differences in
quantization, and it's also unclear if the issue is even actually
there in the first place and not in M2/M3 firmwares).

Since these encoders share more than similiarities, I've been looking
into their differences, and unifying their common codepaths was helpful
to my investigation.

Attached is an initial patchset working out their differences by either
sharing data or making code identical where relevant.

I will continue that work as the investigation progresses. The
quantization work might require more involved changes though.

Regards,

¹ https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/10255