[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] fftools/ffmpeg and libavdevice/sdl issue

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Tue Dec 19 20:55:18 EET 2023

Rémi Denis-Courmont (12023-12-19):
> No. The idea is that a command line program cannot use the GUI, and a library
> can only use the GUI if the main program is a GUI program.

This is braindead design at a level way beyond anything we might have in
FFmpeg.

> Lastly, it has been made clear by the proponents of the muxer that this is but
> a convenient trick so that a real muxer can be swapped for a renderer wherever
> a muxer is expected.

And assembly optimizations are but a convenient trick so that programs
run faster.

The “but” in the above sentence is doing heavy lifting to turn a
perfectly true sentence into a completely stupid value judgement.
Fortunately for me, I do not mean the above sentence literally, is is
but a parody.

--
  Nicolas George