[FFmpeg-devel] Hardware purchase request Apple M2

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann at mail.de
Mon Feb 6 05:17:10 EET 2023

Hi,

the M2 chip recently made it from the laptops into the mini as well.
It's the generation of the Chip, I think we should buy one and have that running FATE as well.

Kieran agreed on hosting this one like he does for the existing M1 machines.
There are currently two M1 machines running at Kieran's, one of which runs FATE and the other is basically idle.

So I propose to

a) spend funding on buying one new M2 to run FATE at Kieran's and
b) retire the idle M1 machine and have that send to me to replace my Core i7 mini from 2014.

If nobody objects, Kieran will buy the new machine and requests reimbursement here.

Thanks,
Thilo