[FFmpeg-devel] Request for assistance with adding new pixel format (NV12_8L128) in FFmpeg

Le Bao Tin Ha lebaotin.ha at savoirfairelinux.com
Mon Feb 6 17:43:02 EET 2023

Dear FFmpeg Community,

I hope this email finds you well. I am currently working on the Toradex Apalis iMX8QM board and I am trying to perform a hardware decode using the Amphion driver with ffmpeg h264_v4l2m2m codec. The decoder outputs a pixel format (NV12_8L128, a linear 8x128 NV12 based tiles) that is not supported yet by FFmpeg.

I attempted to add this new pixel format to FFmpeg by adding only the DEFINES which are similar to the classical NV12 (or NV12M), but it doesn't seem to be working as expected. I was wondering if you could help me with this issue. Could you provide me with some guidance on how to proceed and make sure that it works correctly? Or could you provide me an other alternative to simplify this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,