[FFmpeg-devel] How to implement pcap ffmpeg format?

sonntex sonntex at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 00:55:02 EET 2023

New pcap ffmpeg format can have all options rtpdec requires.

Anyway, I don't suggest you implement this feature. I just want to find a
good entry point to start coding personally.

I need to create a development tool for rtp tracing, and pcap files seem a
good idea because I can grab rtp using tcpdump, or create pcap files
directly in my application, or whatever. It's better then wrap vp8/vp9 to
ivf or h264 to byte stream and pass it to ffmpeg via pipe because it
doesn't require coding of new solutions for every video and audio formats
transferring over rtp.