[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC 2023

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann at mail.de
Mon Jan 16 00:18:12 EET 2023

Am 15.01.23 um 15:28 schrieb Nuo Mi:
> On Sun, Jan 15, 2023 at 9:27 PM Ronald S. Bultje <rsbultje at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 15, 2023 at 4:20 AM Nuo Mi <nuomi2021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Is it finalized?  Any chance to add some items in
>>> https://github.com/ffvvc/FFmpeg/issues to the GSOC 2023?
>>>

>> It all depends on the student. And baseline ffvvc needs to be in already
>> when the project starts. So it's not straightforward.

Yet we are openand can add project proposals before the application deadline (Feb. 7th).
Do not wait until the last day, especially that having VVC yet in review does not make it easier to describe/define.
The project needs to extend the decoder, mere upstreaming should not be enough IIUC.
Also yes, it is highly preferable to have something upstream before project start end of Mai.

>> Are you proposing to be the student? Or what's your plan?
>>
> I am not so young. :)
> Just want to get more exposure and resources to prepare a decent version
> upstream.

Most importantly define a valid project and find a mentor with the time and abilities needed.
Having a (co-)mentor is also especially if you want to mentor it yourself.

-Thilo